Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Is My Left Wing Blog Owner Full of Hate?

Here is an interesting post from Maryscott at my left wing. I guess Maryscott is looking for that "great white hope."

Below you will find a portion of the back and forth between me and Maryscott.

Irony in '08: John Edwards, White Man, Is the Best Candidate

by: Maryscott O'Connor



What a cruel mockery for liberals it is that in a year wherein we have viable candidates as historical firsts -- both a black man and a white woman -- the best person for the job just happens to be a white man.

I'm hard pressed to tag John Edwards as an unlucky man, given the many blessings he's received over his lifetime; but he's also inarguably had one hell of an up and down journey. Granted, his career as an attorney brought him great wealth and prestige, and his marriage seems to have been one of true love from the beginning. But then there was the tragedy of his son's death, and his wife's battle with cancer; and politically, the man seems to have been born under the also-ran sign.

by: Maryscott O'ConnorI don't hate Obama.

I hate Clinton.

I don't LIKE Obama; I can LIVE with him, should he win the nomination. I simply prefer Edwards -- strongly. I think Obama is far too centrist and frankly more of the same old business as usual Democrats. I'd LOVE to be proved wrong, and will GLADLY admit it if that happens.

But HATE? Puh. Leeze. Do not tag my entire blog as HATING on Obama. If anything, the MAJORITY of the members of this site seem to be Obama supporters. The fact that the ones who DON'T support him are vocal and negative about it does NOT make the site predominantly anti-Obama. If I can't rant, I don't want to be part of your revolution.





Reply by African American Political Pundit

Maryscott why not stop hating period.

Mary Scott, come on now, why "hate" anyone? I can't tell you what words to use. But I must say for me "hate" is one of the strongest words in the our language. Candidly, I could care less if you support Obama, Hillary or John your "white" man as the best candidate, as you like us to know.

So it has come down to the black and white test for you. The black man v the white man, the black doll vs the white doll.

It's too bad that in the American body politic in many times comes down to hate and color. For me, I don't hate Clinton, I don't hate Edwards, in fact there is no one on this planet I hate. But that is the difference between you and I, you Hate Clinton, I dislike her. You hate on Obama, I candidly have grown to like the guy. You love John Edwards because he is the White Man, as the Best Candidate, as for as your concerned. Race matters for some, obviously for you. In Iowa for a majority it did not. In New Hampshire today, it may not. But for Maryscott, Race matters and hate matters. Your the leader of your blog. Maybe you should listen to your readers and our nation, as race begins to play a lesser role, as hatred begins to to play a lesser role, and as Americans come together like no other time since the days of Robert, John and Martin.

As MLK once said: "Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true."


African American Political Pundit

Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP