Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Sunday, June 8, 2008

Black Bloggers and Spike Lee have something In common

So you think the DNC is the only group or individual practicing Jim Crow by excluding blacks? Check out the debate between two film icon's Spike Lee and Clinton Eastwood. Clint Eastwood: Spike Lee Should "Shut His Face", Lee Responds, "We're Not On A Plantation"

According to The Huffington Post, Spike Lee told ABCNEWS.com about Clint Eastwood. "He's a great director. He makes his films, I make my films. The thing about it though, I didn't personally attack him. And a comment like 'a guy like that should shut his face' -- come on Clint, come on. He sounds like an angry old man right there." "If he wishes, I could assemble African-American men who fought at Iwo Jima and I'd like him to tell these guys that what they did was insignificant and they did not exist," he said. "I'm not making this up. I know history. I'm a student of history. And I know the history of Hollywood and its omission of the one million African-American men and women who contributed to World War II."

"Not everything was John Wayne, baby..."

"I never said he should show one of the other guys holding up the flag as black. I said that African-Americans played a significant part in Iwo Jima," he said. "For him to insinuate that I'm rewriting history and have one of the four guys with the flag be black ... no one said that. It's just that there's not one black in either film. And because I know my history, that's why I made that observation."

Welcome to the club Spike Lee, your fighting against the exclusion of blacks in the film industry, as we in the black blogging community fight the exclusion of Black bloggers in the DNC state bloggers pool. It's really a damn shame that we have to fight these battles. It's equally as disappointing that the DNC and many bloggers seem to be thinking like Clint Eastwood. they just don't get it, and suggest that bloggers like Francis L. Holland, BlackPerspective.Net, and this blogger, shut our collective face. So Spike Lee, fight on and speak out, just like we do.

Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP