Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Sunday, May 17, 2009

My I Phone

I finally purchased an IPhone and was disappointed that I could not use Microsoft products. Well, that was until I read on how Citrix has Microsoft Windows apps on the iPhone too.

Citrix launched the Citrix Receiver iPhone app, available now free for download from the iPhone App Store. I had a chance to spend some time today with the Citrix Receiver iPhone app connected to the Citrix Cloud Center.

Citrix Receiver was surprisingly speedy to launch and very responsive when running apps like Solidworks, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. In addition to running desktop windowed apps, Receiver also supports Silverlight, Flash, and Flex based applications.

Along with its good responsiveness, the touch interface of the iPhone worked well tapping and controling icons, menu items, popup menus, and buttons. Citrix has also added a well designed landscape keyboard (something most iPhone apps will have to wait for until iPhone OS 3.0 is out this summer) that even includes Alt+Tab, Delete, Esc, and page up/down keys. I wonder if Ctrl-Alt-Del will reboot my iPhone, lol.

I've included some screenshots and you can see full sized images here. You can check the Citrix Receiver by getting a demo account at www.citrixcloud.net and then download the client on your iPhone. Check it out. I'd love to hear what you think.

For more information about enterprise networking, go to NetworkWorld. Story copyright 2008 Network World Inc. All rights reserved.

Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP