I finally purchased an IPhone and was disappointed that I could not use Microsoft products. Well, that was until I read on how Citrix has Microsoft Windows apps on the iPhone too.
Citrix launched the Citrix Receiver iPhone app, available now free for download from the iPhone App Store. I had a chance to spend some time today with the Citrix Receiver iPhone app connected to the Citrix Cloud Center.
Citrix Receiver was surprisingly speedy to launch and very responsive when running apps like Solidworks, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. In addition to running desktop windowed apps, Receiver also supports Silverlight, Flash, and Flex based applications.
Along with its good responsiveness, the touch interface of the iPhone worked well tapping and controling icons, menu items, popup menus, and buttons. Citrix has also added a well designed landscape keyboard (something most iPhone apps will have to wait for until iPhone OS 3.0 is out this summer) that even includes Alt+Tab, Delete, Esc, and page up/down keys. I wonder if Ctrl-Alt-Del will reboot my iPhone, lol.
I've included some screenshots and you can see full sized images here. You can check the Citrix Receiver by getting a demo account at www.citrixcloud.net and then download the client on your iPhone. Check it out. I'd love to hear what you think.
- Sponsored Resource:Improve your network with the right mix of features, performance and pricing.
- Sponsored Resource:Growing your business requires the right tools. Dell's networking servers can help.
- Sponsored Resource:Thinking about a new Laptop? Lenovo has models to meet everyone's needs.
- Sponsored Resource:Twitter: A how-to guide for using Twitter as a business tool.
- Sponsored Resource:Smartphone security threats are on the rise. Is it time to safegaurd your device?
For more information about enterprise networking, go to NetworkWorld. Story copyright 2008 Network World Inc. All rights reserved.