Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

White Republican's Scared and Afraid of Black Folks says RNC Chairman, Michael Steele

As reported by Huffington Post, CNN and The Raw Story,  During a weekend interview, Michael Steele told TV One's Roland Martin that he has experienced fear from other selected members of his party because of the color of his skin. Yes, Michael Steele says that "he" actually scares white Republicans. Surprise, Surprise! 




"I mean I've been in the room and they've been scared of me," the RNC chairman said about fellow Republicans.

Partial transcript:

MARTIN: How do you -- granted, a popular president got 95% of the black vote -- you got any shot at getting black voters and if so what are the two issues that speaks to black voters for Republican have a shot at them?
STEELE: Education and the economy. Education and jobs. Education and small business.
MARTIN: But your candidates got to talk to them. One of the criticisms I've always had is Republicans -- white Republicans -- have been scared of black folks.
STEELE: You're absolutely right. I mean I've been in the room and they've been scared of me. I'm like, "I'm on your side" and so I can imagine going out there and talking to someone like you, you know, [you're like,] "I'll listen." And they're like "Well." Let me tell you. You saw in Christie and you saw in McDonnell a door open because they went in and engaged. McDonnell was very deliberate about spending --


AAPP: Hey Michael Steele, So white folks are scared of you and other black folks, both in and outside of the Republican Party?  So what do you plan to do about it?


PS, Micheal Steele, I forgot to mention, truth be told, white folks in the Democratic Party are just as  scared of black folks.
.

Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP