Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Friday, July 30, 2010

African Americans are “sort of a mongrel people - WTF!


Now why did President Obama have to use those wacko choice of words: telling daytime talk show hosts that African-Americans are “sort of a mongrel people.”



















Faye Anderson over at the blog Anderson at Large is having none of this, on her Facebook Page she said: "The presumed inferiority of the so-called "mongrel people" is a longstanding tenet of the John Birch Society and other white supremacy groups. If a Republican or tea partier had called President Obama a mongrel, black folks would be calling on the ...NAACP to denounce them? 


I agree with Faye, when the white supremacy groups, KKK, Tea Party folks, Rush Limbaugh. and others put up signs calling President Obama a mongrel, the NAACP get's pissed.


AAPP:" The President, bless his heart, seems to be in full identity crisis mode, and wants to pull black folks into is own crisis."

Let's see what the NAACP has to say about our President, who still seems to have an identity crisis.

AAPP: My mom and dad never said we are part of some Mongrel Race! The President has bagage and identity issues.


OBAMA: Well, you know, when I was young and going through the identity crisis that any teenager goes through -- I wrote a book about this.

WALTERS: Yes. ... We all read it.

OBAMA: You know, part of what I realized was that if the world saw me as African American, then that wasn't something that I needed to run away from. That's something that I could go ahead and embrace. And the interesting thing about the African-American experience in this country is that we are sort of a mongrel people. I mean, we're all kind of mixed up.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG: Yeah.

OBAMA: Now, that's actually true for white America as well, but we just know more about it. And so I'm less interested in how we label ourselves. I'm more interested in how we treat each other. And if we're treating each other right, then I can be African American, I can be multiracial, I can be you name it. What matters is, am I showing people respect? Am I caring for other people? That's, I think, the message we want to send.

AAPP:  I agree with Tony Campbell over at the moderate voice.com who writes, "I do not ever remember having a conversation with my parents about being part of a mongrel people. I am not white but I wouldn’t imagine a conversation like that taking place around the dinner table or playing catch in the backyard. I do not like being categorized as a mongrel. It is a ridiculous and insulting statement. If George W. Bush, or another white politician said those words, the NAACP, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over the airwaves calling for a public apology. I am not part of a “mongrel people.” This is not how you have a discussion on race relations. I expect better judgment from the President of the United States. If this is how he sees African-Americans, perhaps it is time for them to find a new candidate."

What do you think America, should the President call blacks out like that. Are we suppose to be called out as animals by the first black President?






Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP