Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Post Racial America:I Don't Think So

Posted: Mon, 02 Feb 2009

By Ms. LadyDeboarah:

Since it was apparent that Barack Obama would be the 44th POTUS, the term "Post racial America" has been flowing in the national conversation.

I spent a considerable period of time searching for a definition for the term post-racial. It is interesting that there really is not one given by any viable source. I read plenty of definitions on conservative blogs. Which all seem to lean towards the theory that in a post-racial America the rights of white citizens would be lessened to the point where they would not be able to recover their positions of power.

Check out this statement by blogger Matt Moon on the subject of post-racial America.
But one of my greatest passions is the issue of race, which also leads to issues of immigration, assimilation, affirmative actions, social justice, etc. It irks me that the elitist liberal media has annointed Barack Obama as a "post-racial" candidate. (By the way, I have no idea what the working definition of "post-racial" is; when the media gets into the meta-sociological, it always turns out to be a disaster.)

I believe that The Right has a interesting opportunity to capture the sentiments of those who want to move beyond race, into a near color-blind society, by using conservative principles of old. I tell everybody that one of the top reasons I am a registered Republican is the fact that The Left is interested in what I can contribute as a Korean-American or Asian-American; The Right is simply interested in what I can contribute as an American. Source


I find this to be an interesting observation. Especially after the vicious racial tone of the national campaign. Read More
HERE


Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP