Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Can a Black Man Become President in 2008?

That is the question of the hour. As WaPo noted, History favors the establishment's machine over the insurgent's passion: Al Gore over Bill Bradley, John Kerry over Dean, George W. Bush over John McCain. In 2008, that would mean Clinton over Obama.

But Obama is not scared, in fact Obama is sounding more like boxer Muhammad Ali in his prime. Check out Obama: "The polls show I'm the only Democrat who right out beats every Republican they can throw up there," he told the crowd here. "I beat Mitt, I beat Rudy, I beat John, I beat Fred, I beat Mike. I beat John. Who else? I'll beat 'em all, beat 'em all! I'll beat Keyes. Who else they got?"

Lots of young people have signed Obama's dance card.

I wanted to check out some of the top newspapers in the United States are reporting about Obama. Here is a little of what they are saying:

Saying Race Is No Barrier, Obama Still Courts Blacks
New York Times
Mr. Obama was drawing enthusiastic support from whites

Obama's message could make race a non-factor in Iowa caucuses
Dallas Morning News The answer will say something about both Mr. Obama and the political landscape.

4. Do Obama Cheers Equal Votes?
The Washington Post
America will soon have an answer to the question: Is Obama another Howard Dean, or can he win the nomination? More HERE

5 Obama's campaign is gaining ground
San Diego Union Tribune
Obama's campaign is gaining ground.

I wonder if this means a change is about to come?
or is it like WaPo noted, History favors the establishment's machine over the insurgent's passion: Al Gore over Bill Bradley, John Kerry over Dean, George W. Bush over John McCain. In 2008, that would mean Clinton over Obama?

My gut has to go with black political blogger
Barack Obama winning the Iowa Caucuses. I hope Obama kicks butt in every state, and you know who comes in 3rd in Newhampshire and Super Tuesday.


Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP