As a posted in the Dailykos, a man tased as his house burned - No kidding!
According to Sarah Steimer at at Kent News Net the resident, Mike Bartlett, said he was returning from downtown for his cell phone when he noticed his sister's room on fire. He ran in to make sure she was not there and continued to find his friends in the basement and alert them of the fire. He said his cousin's girlfriend was sleeping upstairs so he went back in the house to retrieve her.
"As I was running downstairs, I could hear the window glass popping because of the heat," Bartlett said.
When he went got outside, Bartlett said police officers were at the end of the driveway. He said he approached them for help, but they dismissed him. As he walked toward one of his friends, he said the officers tackled and restrained him with the Taser gun, giving them no reason for their force.
According to the Kent City Police levels of resistance report, Bartlett used psychological and physical active resistance to avoid arrest. The report stated he was both combative and intoxicated. No one from the Police Department was available for comment.
Bartlett said he was not offered medical attention by the officers. Instead, he was taken directly to the police station. Bartlett went to the hospital following his court appearance Sunday. He said he was treated for first- and second-degree burns. Read More HERE
- Police State: Florida cop attempts drive-by Tasering, runs over suspect
- Police State: 14-Year-Old Girl Tasered In The Head
- Police State: Cops Taser a 76-Year-Old Tractor Driver in Parade
- Police State: Mother Watched Son Tasered To Death
- Police State: Cops pepperspray, taser mentally challenged, deaf man, while using the toilet
- Police State: Cops Taser Child 19 Times Leaving Him in a Coma
- Police State: Cop Tasers Mom In Front of Her Children
- Unedited Dash Cam Footage of Grandmother Being Tased
- Taser use to obtain DNA not unconstitutional: NIAGARA COURTS RULING
- Prison officer zaps children with 50,000-volt stun gun ‘to show them what a day at work is like’
- Top cop fired for allegedly using Taser on wife
- Ex-NFL Player Tasered For Pointing At Cop