Powered by Blogger.

Search Google



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Black Blogger Still Not Feeling DNC Segregation of State Blogger Pool

Yes, I'm a blogger who will be going to the Democratic National Convention. I sure won't be in the Jim Crow segregated state blogger section. You see the DNC don't like black people in that pool.

I guess I better read up on my old books from back in the day. Well, maybe not. But there is a great Handbook for bloggers and cyber-dissidents that some bloggers may find interresting. Candidly I like this whole idea of a Handbook for bloggers and cyber-dissidents.

The creators of the handbook are so right-on when they say, "Blogs get people excited."

That is kind of the purpose of my blog, to get people excited about politics. I also like to point out when things are great and when things are wrong. Candidly, I must say the Democratic National Convention is just wrong for not having a "color diversity program" when it comes to intergrating the lilly white state blogger pool.

Yes, it's true that blogs can also disturb and worry some people. I'm sure my blog has done that on a number of occassions (Smile), including the DNC. The DNC and its staff should be disturbed, and be asked to address and develop corrective action. As I said recently, so you think the DNC is the only group or individual practicing Jim Crow by excluding blacks? Check out the debate between two film icon's Spike Lee and Clinton Eastwood. Clint Eastwood: Spike Lee Should "Shut His Face", Lee Responds, "We're Not On A Plantation"

I guess that is what the DNC would like black bloggers to do. Shut Our Face!

Like the group Reporters Without Borders, I also see blogs as the vanguard of a new information revolution. Because it allows and encourages ordinary people to speak up. Yes, they’re tremendous tools of freedom of expression.

You know Reporters Without Borders are so right when they say, Bloggers are often the only real journalists in countries where the mainstream media is censored or under pressure. Only they provide independent news, at the risk of displeasing the government and sometimes courting arrest.

Check this out, Reporters Without Borders has produced a handbook to help bloggers, with handy tips and technical advice on how to to remain anonymous and to get round censorship, by choosing the most suitable method for each situation. It also explains how to set up and make the most of a blog, to publicise it (getting it picked up efficiently by search-engines) and to establish its credibility through observing basic ethical and journalistic principles. (OK I like the idea but I'm not sure I'll abide by Journalistic Principles). So check it out, the Hanbook is called the Handbook for bloggers and cyber-dissidents

Search This Blog

Contact Your Elected Representative

African American Pundit encourages you to contact your elected officials/representatives and share your thoughts on current events and government policy. All politics is local!

Below you'll find links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key elected officials.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP